Protecting your privacy is important to the Crow Language Consortium This Policy explains how Crow Language Consortium collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using Crow Language Consortium web sites, including Crowlanguage.org and the services provided through any of the Web sites. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through the Web sites. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
1. By using a Web site or submitting information to Crow Language Consortium through or in connection with a Web site, you signify your consent to Crow Language Consortium’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use any of the Web sites or submit information to Crow Language Consortium through or in connection with a Web site. Information Automatically Collected
2. Non-Personal Information – As is typical with many other Internet web sites, the Web sites automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding Web site users, such as the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Web site, the operating system you are using, the Web site pages read and images viewed, and any content you post to or download from the Web site. This non-personal information is used for Web site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web sites. Non-personal information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies – The Web sites use “cookies”, a technology that stores a small amount of information on a Web site user’s computer to permit the Web site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web sites. You may choose to decline cookies generally if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web sites and your ability to access certain features of the Web sites.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
4. Your Personal Information – During your use of the Web sites, including your registration as a Crow Language Consortium customer, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, and credit card information) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you or facilitating your use of the Web sites, including purchasing books from booksellers. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to register as a Crow Language Consortium customer or use certain features of the Web sites.
5. Use of Your Personal Information – Crow Language Consortium may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Web sites, facilitate transactions through the Web sites, and as otherwise permitted by law. Crow Language Consortium may develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your use of the Web sites. Additionally, Crow Language Consortium may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. E-mails from Crow Language Consortium – If you register as an Crow Language Consortium customer, then Crow Language Consortium may send to you, from time to time, e-mail or other communications containing information about Crow Language Consortium and the Web sites and other matters Crow Language Consortium believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Crow Language Consortium to stop sending you e-mail and other information by sending your request by e-mail to help@Crowlanguage.org. Also, each e-mail Crow Language Consortium sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail. From time to time Crow Language Consortium may also send to you e-mail containing important information regarding the Web site, which you may not opt out of receiving.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information – Crow Language Consortium may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law: a. Disclosure to Authorizing Persons – If you use the Web sites on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), Crow Language Consortium may provide your personal information to that authorizing person/organization. Crow Language Consortium has no control over the use of your personal information by the authorizing person/organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person/organization on whose behalf you use the Web sites, you may not use the Web sites. b. Disclosure to Affiliates and Service Providers – Crow Language Consortium may provide your personal information to its affiliated businesses and service providers for use in connection with the operation of the Web sites.. c. Disclosure in Business Transfers – Crow Language Consortium may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, Crow Language Consortium may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Crow Language Consortium has no liability for the acquiring organization’s use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you do not wish Crow Language Consortium to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, please send your request by e-mail to help@Crowlanguage.org
8. Depersonalized Information – Crow Language Consortium may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Web sites and related services. Crow Language Consortium may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently archive that non-personal information for future use.
9. Business Contact Information – To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning “personal information” do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number and business e-mail address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
10. Location of Information – Crow Language Consortium will store and process your personal information in Bloomington, Indiana.
11. Securing Your Information – To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Crow Language Consortium employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as secure encrypted servers. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and Crow Language Consortium cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about Crow Language Consortium’ collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by e-mail to help@Crowlanguage.org Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. Crow Language Consortium attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
13. Other Web Sites – The Web sites may contain links to other web sites or Internet resources, including web sites operated by booksellers. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site. Crow Language Consortium has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
14. Customer Agreement – All data and information collected from You by Crow Language Consortium is treated confidentially respecting the applicable laws on data protection.
15. Policy Changes – To accommodate changes in the Web sites, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Crow Language Consortium’ discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Crow Language Consortium’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Your continued dealings with Crow Language Consortium or your use of the Web sites subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Web sites you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
16. Your Comments – If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please send your comments by e-mail to info@Crowlanguage.org or to:
Crow Language Consortium
2620 N Walnut St. Suit 825 Bloomington, IN 47404 USA